St. Boniface, Manitoba, has long been the principal home of Franco-Manitobans in the province and ranks as the largest francophone community in Western Canada. The community was first settled in 1818 to meet the cultural and religious needs of the Red River Colony’s French and Métis inhabitants. A Francophone presence was thus established in the region before spreading throughout much of the future province of Manitoba. St. Boniface became the Catholic and Francophone capital of the nascent Red River settlement. Generations later, this neighbourhood of Winnipeg thrives with a unique and historic architecture, successful businesses, a variety of attractions and a lively cultural scene.
Your package includes:
• Two nights’ accommodations (including breakfast) at a B&B or hotel in the heart of the French Quarter
• Lunch for two at one of the area’s restaurants
• Admission to any four of the following attractions:
• La Maison Gabrielle-Roy House
• Fort Gibraltar*
• Le Musée Saint-Boniface Museum
• Theatre in the Cemetery*
• The Manitoba Museum
• The Royal Canadian Mint
• An information package, including a suggested itinerary and maps
Cost: $250 per person, based on double occupancy, plus GST
*Please note that these attractions are available only during the summer months.
Please note that prices are approximate and will be confirmed upon booking.